Sticky note for the steps?

kelvan80

Was it this forum where we had the steps written out 1-7 and then sometimes substeps or was that Dave's forum? Can't remember. Sometimes I really miss the wealth that the old site had to offer. I could read for hours there. I think it would benefit to have the steps written out for all of us.

• Like 2

it was the old forum. and then someone, i think it was dorothy. had step seven broken down into several parts as well. sure do miss the old site (though this one is great too). and my feeling is not everyone transferred over, or they don't post as much.

No sticky note, just a cut and paste, but is this what you are looking for? (and please don't ask me how or who... I have no idea.)

0.1: Commit to NO DEBT EVER AGAIN. (mortgage is possible exception)

0.2: Talk with spouse and get him/her on the same page as you concerning finances.

0.3 Do a written budget.

0.4 Temporarily stop all retirement contributions.

0.5 Get current on all the basics (You MUST have Food, Utilities, Shelter, Basic Transportation).

0.6 Amputate "toys" (bikes, boats, ATV's etc) if your snowball will take more than 12 months

0.7 Cut lifestyle (Cut cable, cell phone, landline extras, internet, eating out, etc)

0.7A Get a 2nd job if BEF will take more than 30-90 days.

0.8 Get current on ALL bills.

BS 1.0 Save $1000 In baby EF.

1.1 Shred or cut up ALL CC's. (You have an EF now, no NEED to keep those CC's !!)

1.2 Get Health insurance NOW

1.3 Get Life insurance NOW

1.3A Get Long Term Disability insurance NOW

1.4 Amputate cars that you can't pay off within 24 months. Buy a safe older vehicle: $2-3k range

1.5 Consider raising insurance deductibles to $500 or $1000 and dropping full coverage on paid for used car

1.6 Draw up a will.

BS 2.0 Do debt snowball, paying all your debts from lowest BALANCE to highest.

2.1: DEBT FREE except the mortgage--you can take your first vacation if you can pay cash for it.

BS 3.0 Save 3-6 months EXPENSES in EF.

3.1 Start car replacement fund.

3.2 Save 20% for home purchase OR pay down existing mortgage to the point you can drop PMI.

3.3 Start furniture or other non-essential stuff replacement fund.

3.4 Move up in car if you still feel the need to (must pay cash for it)

4.0 Start contributing 15% of your paycheck to retirement.

5.0 Save for kids college fund.

6.0 Pay off house early.

7.0 Live like no one else since you have lived like no one else. -- Give & Build Wealth.

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

No sticky note, just a cut and paste, but is this what you are looking for? (and please don't ask me how or who... I have no idea.)

0.1: Commit to NO DEBT EVER AGAIN. (mortgage is possible exception)

0.2: Talk with spouse and get him/her on the same page as you concerning finances.

0.3 Do a written budget.

0.4 Temporarily stop all retirement contributions.

0.5 Get current on all the basics (You MUST have Food, Utilities, Shelter, Basic Transportation).

0.6 Amputate "toys" (bikes, boats, ATV's etc) if your snowball will take more than 12 months

0.7 Cut lifestyle (Cut cable, cell phone, landline extras, internet, eating out, etc)

0.7A Get a 2nd job if BEF will take more than 30-90 days.

0.8 Get current on ALL bills.

BS 1.0 Save $1000 In baby EF.

1.1 Shred or cut up ALL CC's. (You have an EF now, no NEED to keep those CC's !!)

1.2 Get Health insurance NOW

1.3 Get Life insurance NOW

1.3A Get Long Term Disability insurance NOW

1.4 Amputate cars that you can't pay off within 24 months. Buy a safe older vehicle: $2-3k range

1.5 Consider raising insurance deductibles to $500 or $1000 and dropping full coverage on paid for used car

1.6 Draw up a will.

BS 2.0 Do debt snowball, paying all your debts from lowest BALANCE to highest.

2.1: DEBT FREE except the mortgage--you can take your first vacation if you can pay cash for it.

BS 3.0 Save 3-6 months EXPENSES in EF.

3.1 Start car replacement fund.

3.2 Save 20% for home purchase OR pay down existing mortgage to the point you can drop PMI.

3.3 Start furniture or other non-essential stuff replacement fund.

3.4 Move up in car if you still feel the need to (must pay cash for it)

4.0 Start contributing 15% of your paycheck to retirement.

5.0 Save for kids college fund.

6.0 Pay off house early.

7.0 Live like no one else since you have lived like no one else. -- Give & Build Wealth.

In addition to this, I also wanted to share the information straight from Dave.