We should be out of BS2 by the end of February, Lord willing, if work holds out for dh over the winter (home improvements). We have $10k in savings and owe a lump sum payoff of $15k. I have been averaging between $2-3k/month lately. I'm listing my goals and dreams so I can look back at the end of 2016 and see how we did.
1) Pay off BBT
2) Open and fully fund two Roth IRAs
3) FFEF of $12,000
1) Refinishing the wood floors on the first floor of our house
2) Installing wood floors in the upstairs bedrooms ($2k, diy)
3) Dormering out the upstairs of our cape cod to make walk-in closets for each bedroom before our 23 yo house needs a new roof (diy)
4) Refacing kitchen cabinets and painting them (dh would make new doors himself)
5) Replacing falling apart dining table/chairs
6) Attending FPU with dh in an attempt to win him over to DR
7) Attacking the mortgage. I feel shackled by our $1200/month house payment, and it is a constant reminder of our stupid tax of refinancing and borrowing wildly against our equity. After 23 years, we owe $185k on our $92k house. Grrrr.
Just accomplishing the goals will take about $28k, so I pray I can get as many hours as I can at my part-time job (which I love, is flexible, and I don't sign up for shifts when the kids are out of school). Also praying for work to stay steady for dh all year so we can continue to save 100% of my paychecks.