My wife and I were recently married and were blessed with our first child together. We have come this far by trying to out-earn our bad habits and mis-management (to varying degrees of success).
Let us begin with the good.
- All bills are current
- Emergency fund of $2500
- No car loans
- Committed to the budget (YNAB)
- Two (2) good sources of income
The bad (her)
- Approximately $13K in credit card debt
- Approximately $23K in student loans
The ugly (him)
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy (4.5 years remaining)
The only other debt we have is $124K on the house.
In the words of Captain Jean Luc Picard, "The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!"